General Pump Company, Inc. was founded in 1938 by Matthew Peck of Peck Well Drilling, a cable tool drilling company located in Gardena, California. In 1948, Mr. Peck was joined by two business partners, and relocated the Company to Los Angeles, and changed the Company's name to General Pump Service Incorporated. From the 1950's to 1970's, the Company grew with the Southern California economy maintaining a strong presence as a water well service company dedicated to the ongoing needs of water agencies, agricultural and commercial customers.
In January 1981, General Pump's current sole shareholder, William M. Tweed, acquired the Company. Throughout the 1980's the Company continued to expand its services and customer base throughout the Los Angeles, Inland Empire and Orange County areas. By 1987, the Company had outgrown its Los Angeles facility and moved to its current location in San Dimas, California.
In 2008, General Pump expanded once again, and opened a second facility in Camarillo, California. Since it's founding, General Pump Company, Inc. has served almost every major municipality in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo counties.